Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We Are One- Poem



Sitting here pondering what to do
I appreciate the fact that you are you
I love you for all the things you do right
And even in err, I love your insight
I never shall judge and why you will see
What shines off of you, reflects inside me
When the two join in conjuction traveling as one
That's when you'll see the journey easier done
So think before all actions, let your heart set you free
And always do remember, that you are part of me


*NOTE* -I wrote this poem (which was published) 14 years ago as a teenage girl. It voices my inner thoughts on key personal beliefs embedded in my being... that we are all living beings of the same sort, and it expresses my love for human life. Humanity is what unifies us. The fact our hearts all beat alike unifies us. Strip us of our skin tones, native accents, religious beliefs, economic status, or gender and the message is clear- We Are One! Human beings full of life. This is not new knowledge, not by any means. What it is, however, is the simplest logic lost in the multitude of distractions of every day life. It's a concept that I wish the entire planet would adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment